|JOB TITLE:||Administration Officer|
|TERM:||5 days per week. This is an ongoing role 1.0 FTE 12 months full|
time, with opportunities for extension subject to funding
|SALARY:||$40,000 to 55,000 based on experience + super|
|REPORTS TO:||General Manager Operations and Policy|
Eastern Maar Aboriginal Corporation (EMAC) is a Registered Native Title Prescribed Body Corporate (RNTBC) established under the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth) as an “Agent Prescribed Body Corporate” and registered and governed as a corporation under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) Act 2006 (CATSI Act).
EMAC, was agreed and established by the Eastern Maar Native Title Holders in 2011 and is the rightful vehicle for representing the collective group in the advancement and management of their native title rights and interests, cultural heritage protection notably through Victorian Registered Aboriginal Party regime, providing high quality policy advice, leadership in developing key initiatives in line with inherent rights, aspirations and assertions of the EMAC citizenry and strengthening the cultural and economic capacity and independence of Eastern Maar citizens by actively pursuing and implementing their economic and social aspirations
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Administration Officer will work co-operatively, as part of a team to provide a broad range of administration, clerical, and minimal amount of general Human Resources (HR) support for EMAC in an effective and efficient manner to delivering high quality member, visitor and stakeholder service both internally and externally to the organisation.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- First point of contact for office visitors ensuring a welcoming reception.
- Screen incoming inquiry calls and emails through assessing the nature and urgency of the subject matter. Escalate and redirect where appropriate and when determined as necessary to the relevant staff for attention in a timely manner. Ensuring messages are recorded accurately.
- Mail retrieval, sorting, logging, and redistribution internally to relevant staff. Administer all outgoing mail requirements including utilising mail merger.
- Ensure reception, waiting room and tearoom areas are clean, tidy, organised, and welcoming.
- Filing and record management, including input and maintenance of EMACs registers and databases.
- Draft and forward were required meeting papers, briefing notes, reports, presentations, letters, and other documentation requested by the CEO and GM’s.
- Assist finance where required and directed.
- Manage EMAC’s stationary templates on the shared drive.
- Maintain office resources, including but not limited to stationery, cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Assist with travel logistics were directed by CEO or GM’s.
- Assist with HR administration requirements of EMAC staff, as well as processes required for the recruitment of new staff.
- Assist in the security of the EMAC office, including management, maintenance, and issue of keys; access cards; ID cards; and related staff, visitor and contractor in/out registers, and covid-19 compliance requirements.
- Coordinate the EMAC pool vehicles, including assist with staff bookings, booking and dropping of vehicles for maintenance, reconcile logged kilometres of staff, and housing of pool car keys.
- Undertake other designated administrative duties, specific projects as directed by the CEO or General Manager of Operations and Policy.
- Be aware and adhere to The Privacy Act, OH & S Legislation and other relevant legislations.
- Be aware and adhere to EMAC Policy and Procedure manuals.
- Be aware and participate in staff performance reviews.
- Attend all mandatory training as required.
- Perform other duties as may be directed or implied from time to time.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The key selection criteria specified below outline the capabilities required for the position.
- Demonstrated experience in administration and reception.
- Sound knowledge of reception and office administration procedures.
- High level of computer literacy and competency in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including highly developed literacy in the English language, grammar and spelling.
- Demonstrated Ability to think laterally, creatively and to take initiative and plan ahead.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Certificate III Business Administration or similar is desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory framework in which EMAC operates.
- Formal Human Resources Qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please include in your application a CV/resume and cover letter that addresses why you are the best candidate for this position and how your background, experience and skills align with the Key Selection Criteria.
Please ensure your full name is on all attachments and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: COB 14th May 2021
Appointment of the successful applicant will be made subject to a satisfactory national police history check.
The filling of this position/these positions is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic).