MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The Media and Communications Officer position will provide effective communication and marketing services to support EMAC programs and strategic objectives in order to keep our community (our members and non-member Native Title rights holders) up to date and informed and raise the local national and international profile of EMAC amongst a wide range of stakeholders. Additionally, the role will provide a high-quality professional service to ensure the effective delivery and recording of EMAC Board meetings, events and activities.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Internal and External Communications
- Events support
- Board, AGM and Full Group Meeting support
- Relationships Management
- Other General provisions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three years communications and/or marketing experience or relevant qualification.
- Demonstrated outstanding writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail and a creative approach.
- Excellent information technology skills and demonstrated ability to use multiple social media platforms for effective communications.
- Knowledge and/or experience of desktop publishing using Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite and or editing software or similar.
- Experience collecting and presenting data using Google Analytics or similar.
- Demonstrated understanding of the regulatory framework in which EMAC operates.
- Knowledge of Eastern Maar people, Country, culture, values, aspirations and customs and experience working with the Eastern Maar people, community and key organisations and stakeholder groups.
- Experience and capacity to collaboratively manage relationships sensitively and effectively with a diverse stakeholder group including management, Aboriginal organisations, Aboriginal community members and Government bodies.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- The incumbent requires the ability to travel regularly for work related purposes. A current Victorian driver’s licence is essential.
For a copy of the position description including the position duties and key selection criteria click here.
To apply please include in your application a CV/resume and cover letter that addresses why you are the best candidate for this position and how your background, experience and skills align with the Key Selection Criteria.
Please ensure your full name is on all attachments and email your application to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: COB 25 June 2021
If you have any queries about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment of the successful applicant will be made subject to a satisfactory national police history check.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged, but this is not a designated/identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander appointment.