About the EMAC
The Eastern Maar Aboriginal Corporation (EMAC), incorporated under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (CATSI Act), is an ‘Agent’ Registered Native Title Prescribed body corporate established to hold, manage, protect and promote the laws, culture and traditional rights, interests and aspirations of the Eastern Maar Traditional Owner Group. EMAC is also a Registered Aboriginal Party (RAP) for the protection, preservation and management of Aboriginal Cultural Heritage, per the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006, within the EMAC RAP Boundary Areas.
About the role
CONFIRMED HIRE DURING COVID-19 – *Immediate hire opportunity*
The Strategy and Business Development Advisor will work closely with the CEO and the Leadership Team to adaptively lead and deliver targeted cross-functional and corporation-wide projects and activities that builds organisational and community capacity, as well as contributing to the long-term growth and sustainability of the corporation.
The position will provide strategic advice and consultancy to:
– Lead structured conceptualisation (i.e., concept mapping, program logic) of strategy, growth and optimisation projects including advising on optimum approach to implementation
– Collaboratively facilitate brainstorming sessions to identify issues, ideas, and opportunities
– Undertake risk analyses to evaluate project risk
– Conduct research and perform complex analysis on targeted subject matter
– Test logic and provide thorough, data-driven recommendations and high-quality written materials including but not limited to government submissions, funding proposals and tender responses, business cases and business development proposals, and board papers
– A fundamental role of the position is to engage and consult widely with a range of key stakeholders, including government and non-government agencies and importantly Eastern Maar community.
To apply, include in your application, a CV/resume and cover letter that addresses why you are the best candidate for this position and how your background, experience and skills align with the Key Selection Criteria. Ensure your full name is on all attachments and email your application to email@example.com
For the full list of Key Roles and Responsibilities, and the Selection Criteria for your application click this link. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy can be emailed out to you.
Closing date for applications: COB 14th of January 2022.
If you have any queries about the role, please email email@example.com
Appointment of the successful applicant will be made subject to a satisfactory national police history check.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged, but this is not a designated/identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander appointment.